12 shanties gutted in fire in Gurugram leading to homeless labourers in panic

The incident took place in Behrampur village near Gurugram where several shanties of homeless people had come up recently

Representative Image

New Delhi, February 7

Twelve shanties were gutted after a fire broke out in Behrampur village near Sector 69 of Gurugram. 

The officials added the incident was reported at 7.20 am, following which two fire tenders from the Sector 29 fire station were rushed to the spot.

The fire and emergency officials stated that a suspected short circuit caused the fire. No casualties or injuries were reported in the incident. 

The shanties which are made of bamboo and plastic materials quickly caught fire. 

The fire however resulted in explosion of two cylinders which further worsened the fire and led to a lot of commotion. The hutments have been completely charred and the occupants of those are left with nothing. 

The fire was brought under control after an hour, the officials said, while adding that one fire tender had been stationed at the spot for cooling operations.

The police registered a case of accidental fire as the main cause of the fire is under the investigation. 

Tags assigned to this article:
Gurugram Police behrampur village fire shanties


Around The World

Around The World


View More Articles